The PropertyClan app makes investing in buy-to-let property simple and easy – but what investors will really appreciate are the professional-level insights into each property
Many South Africans want to begin investing in buy-to-let property. However, they don’t know where to find the best property deals or cannot properly analyse which investment will be the right fit. PropertyClan is an easy-to-use app that overcomes these hurdles. It does this by providing a curated selection of off-market deals to its users according to their personalised investor profile. “We wanted to create an application that made investment-grade property investments accessible to anyone, regardless of their skills or experience,” says PropertyClan CEO Michael Egner.
Why use PropertyClan?
Simply put, the platform does all the heavy lifting. Investors can then make an informed decision without getting bogged down by details.
The platform has four key features that simplify property investment –
- sourcing and vetting properties,
- matching them to users according to their investment profile,
- streamlining the buying process and,
- as an optional extra, managing the property.
Another benefit of PropertyClan is its selection of handpicked properties, all of which go through a stringent screening process. In the past, many of these investment opportunities have not been available to the public because professional investors have snapped them up before they hit the market. However, the PropertyClan team is changing that by securing the best deals for its users through professional networks and partnerships. What’s more, each property is accompanied by unbiased, professional-level analysis, estimated overall return and in-depth statistics that equip clients with all the practical tools they need before investing.
Top investment picks
The PropertyClan team has selected two buy-to-let investment opportunities in Johannesburg that are ripe for the picking for both seasoned and beginner investors. Download the free PropertyClan app for more information and to access the benefits only available to users.
South Hills: unbelievable value for money
Counted as some of the most premium properties within the redeveloped mixed-use development of South Hills, these standalone three‑ and four-bedroom houses in a secure lifestyle estate epitomize value for money and start at R1m.
The double-storey houses feature lock-up garages, private gardens, high quality kitchens and spacious rooms. The estate features open spaces for walking and jogging as well as children’s play areas, and a soccer field. All of these features make the development incredibly appealing to tenants.
Why it’s an investment win:
- Location: commuting time is always critical, and this development has the huge advantage of being near the highway.
- Price point: starting at R1m, it delivers excellent value.
- Community: hundreds of homes are being built in South Hills every month, which guarantees demand from friends and family of residents.
- Amenities: a primary school and crèche are being built within the development, and there are plenty of retail offerings within the South Hills suburb.
Randburg: perfect for first‑time investors
Situated a stone’s throw from Northcliff and close to the highway, this investment opportunity is a rare find.
Most of the homes that surround the estate are freestanding houses. This means that there aren’t many apartments in the area for young professionals and couples to rent. PropertyClan has therefore negotiated a deal on the one-bedroom units for the exclusive benefit of their clients.
This exclusive PropertyClan deal features:
- Accessible price point: the one-bedroom units cost between R630,000 and R650,000 and promise a good yield.
- Levies: PropertyClan investors benefit from a two-year levy special and get their levies back in the first year and half their levies back in the second year.
- Tenants in place: the units are sold brand new and leased at the time of the sale, which means investors are cash-flow positive on a 100% bond in the first year – a hard find in an established suburb.
GET IN TOUCH